Friday, September 9, 2016

A whole week already?!?

Time flies when you're having fun!

I can't believe how fast this week has flown by and how well the kids have adjusted to being back in school. I know I have said this many times, but it really is going to be a GREAT year! I mean, look at these smiling faces. How could this NOT be a great year? 



Our first week was jam packed full of fun, learning and activities. The students have already dug into our reading and math curriculum, as well as worked on some handwriting. We learned about the word stamina (a BIG word for first graders) and how we need stamina to read independently. We've been practicing our read to self procedures and they are working really hard at learning what qualities make you a good reader. This morning during calendar time, I asked the students what the best part of their first week was and I heard a wide variety of answers ranging from recess and gym to meeting new friends and getting to see Miss Weeding every day. Made my heart SO happy to hear all of the different things the students are enjoying at school already. That's exactly how it should be! 

We were introduced to blue tickets this week, which is positive behavior tickets that the students earn for following the rules and being a fabulous first grader. I am happy to report that I handed out a TON of blue tickets! Yay! We also talked about the 3 bee's. 3 simple rules that our class will follow:
1) be ready
2) be respectful
3) be responsible 

Whew! We've had a busy week. We are all looking forward to week #2 and getting more into our every day routine. As always, if you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact me at any time by phone or email. 

I hope you have a fabulous weekend! I'll leave you with this picture..... ;) Happy Friday!!!!!



~Miss Weeding 




No comments:

Post a Comment